As a Legal Assistant - Floater with Pitblado Law, you will provide legal administrative and clerical support to lawyers in various practice areas. You will be assisting with overflow work, providing coverage during a Legal Assistant's vacation/sick leave and for extended leaves of absence. In this position, you will have the advantage of working with the different lawyers, be exposed to various areas of law which is beneficial in getting to know the Firm and see where you will best fit in. If you have 2+ years' experience in a law firm environment, have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
- Draft, transcribe and revise correspondence and legal documents from instructions and precedents;
- Proofread, edit, and format documents;
- Maintain established filing system, manual or electronic;
- Open and close files, conduct conflict searches, regular entry of lawyer timesheets and billing;
- Liaise with staff, clients, outside agencies and the general public.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times; and
- Other duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (typographical, spelling, grammatical, word usage and formatting errors);
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi task, display initiative and use sound judgment;
- Ability to work well independently and follow instructions with little supervision;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with MS Office; and
- Ability to maintain confidential information and discretion.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at http://www.pitblado.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals under consideration will be contacted.