We have a new opportunity for an individual to join our accounting team on a full-time basis, as a File Opening and Conflicts Clerk. This is a detail-oriented position requiring a high degree of accuracy.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with various personnel within the Firm to obtain required information to process new clients and matters;
- Conducting thorough conflict searches in accordance with the Law Society of Manitoba Rules and the Firm's File Opening Process and Procedures;
- Reviewing conflict search results and providing reports to responsible lawyers relating to potential conflicts and preparation of Firm's Conflict Form for distribution, where applicable;
- Conducting Companies Office (Corporate) searches;
- Obtaining required information and ensuring all compulsory steps are completed in accordance with the Law Society of Manitoba Rules and the Firm's File Opening Process and Policy/Procedures;
- Inputting complete and accurate information into the accounting system for the opening of new client files and new matters for existing clients;
- Inputting information into the accounting system relating to changes and updates to existing clients;
- Maintaining the Firm's Limitation Date Diary system and forwarding Active Limitation Date Reports to responsible lawyers on a weekly basis;
- Assisting with closing files, data entry and various other clerical duties, as may be directed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience working in a professional or legal office environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate information effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to deal with lawyers and staff in a professional manner;
- Analytical and strong research skills;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with database searching is considered to be an asset;
- Must strictly comply with the requirement to maintain complete confidentiality on all client and Firm related information.
Training will be provided.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at http://www.pitblado.com/careers
Please include in the subject line of your email: File Opening and Conflicts Clerk.
We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.