Brant is a Partner at Pitblado practicing corporate and commercial law, and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Firm.
Brant’s practice covers a broad range of corporate, commercial and transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, the preparation and negotiation of agreements, corporate reorganizations, banking, and finance matters. In addition, Brant has extensive experience in advising developers, REITS, institutional funds, and banks and credit unions, on matters related to buying, selling, developing, or financing commercial real estate in Manitoba. He also advises businesses and startups on corporate structure, organization, and governance issues.
Law firms and businesses located in jurisdictions outside of Manitoba often ask Brant to act as Manitoba counsel for a wide range of matters, which also includes the formation of Manitoba partnerships.
Brant has been lead counsel or part of the legal team involved in numerous mid-market and large transactions across a variety of industries including the insurance and agriculture industries.
Recent experience include:
- Acting for a large international pharmaceutical vendor in a sale of its local business unit.
- The subdivision and sale of lands in the “Seasons of Tuxedo” to make way for a new hotel.
- Providing local advice to a large Canadian REIT on its sale to an international property brokerage.
- Assisting an Indigenous business on its acquisition of a significant position in a cannabis venture.
While growing up in Virden, Manitoba, Brant has called Winnipeg home since 1998 and he now counts himself as a proud Winnipegger. Brant believes in giving back to his community through his involvement in numerous organizations.
- Member, Board of Directors and Chair of Governance Subcommittee, Variety - The Children’s Charity of Manitoba, 2015 – Present
- Vice-President, Business Law Section, Manitoba Bar Association, 2019 – Present
- Director and Treasurer, Triathlon Manitoba, 2010 – 2014
Memberships and Associations:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association