Howard Morry is nationally recognized as a trusted advisor and community leader.
Howard has been awarded the prestigious “AV Preeminent” designation for the past 20 years by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards. Howard is also recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada in the area of Tax Law. He is sought out for his insight and innovation in Canadian and international tax matters, structuring transactions for businesses and high net worth individuals, and for Aboriginal businesses and their partners.
Howard is also widely recognized as a writer and speaker on taxation, estate planning, and business structuring.
Provides services through Howard L. Morry Law Corporation.
Lectures, Speeches, and Publications:
- Writer: Canadian Tax Foundation, Financial Post, Manitoba Law Journal; Carswell – Tax Publications
- Speeches: Chair and Keynote Speaker for Insight -Taxation, Osgoode Hall; Canadian Tax Foundation; Canadian Strategy Institute, Globe & Mail Conferences, Financial Post Conferences, Law Society of Manitoba and others
- Past President, Jewish Federation of Winnipeg
- Past Chairman, Combined Jewish Appeal of Winnipeg
- Honorary counsel, National Executive, Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Board of Trustees, United Jewish Communities, New York
- Chairman, Canadian Museum for Human Rights Capital Campaign (Manitoba)
- Former Chairman, Investment Committee, Jewish Foundation of Manitoba
- Co-Chair, Arab Jewish Dialogue
Academic and Professional:
- Founding Chair, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
- Past Chair, Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg
- Past Chair, National Association of Estate Planning Councils of Canada
- Past Chair, Joint Tax Committee, MBA and Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Past Chair, Tax Subsection, Manitoba Bar Association
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Canadian Tax Foundation