Practices in the areas of taxation, business and corporate planning, personal and estate planning, wills, estates and trusts, business structuring, restructuring and reorganizations, sales and acquisitions, numerous aspects of business, corporate and commercial law, planning and advice for non-profit organizations and registered charities including private foundations and endowments, representation of clients in resolving taxation disputes with Canada Revenue Agency.
Norm has been recognized for many years by his peers through Best Lawyers and Lexpert in the areas of taxation and trusts and estates.
Lectures, Speeches and Publications:
- Chair, Corporate Tax Planning, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, 1993
- Chair, Estate Planning, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, 1992
- Chair, Tax and Non-Tax Aspects of Technology Transfers, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, 1991
- Author and Speaker, Canadian Tax Foundation Conferences 1983, 1986, 1987, 1998
- Author, Lecturer and Speaker: The Law Society of Manitoba – Bar Admission Course and Continuing Legal Education, Manitoba Bar Association, Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg and other audiences from time to time
Memberships and Associations:
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Executive Member, S.T.E.P. (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), Manitoba Branch
- Governor, Canadian Tax Foundation, 1991-1994
- Coach and Manager, Youth hockey and Soccer teams
- Member, School parental advisory committees
- Founding Board Member, Friends of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights Inc.
- Board Member, Jewish Foundation of Manitoba
- Board Member, Jewish Federation of Winnipeg